Is there anyone who doesn’t experience back pain now and then?
Your spine and back are made up of several discs, tendons, and ligaments all working in unison to provide you with mobility.
If one tiny part gets thrown off, your spine can’t function properly.
This can lead to numb hands, pain in your neck or hips, and chronic back pain. Back surgery is painful and expensive. Unless you’ve exhausted all other options, you probably want to avoid going under the knife as much as possible.
Fortunately, most of the best treatments for lower back pain involve natural methods and lifestyle modifications.
What Causes Lower Back Pain?
Your lower back supports a lot of weight – no matter what the scale says. Sure, being overweight or obese can add extra stress to your spine, but even people at healthy weights should worry about their spine health.
Your lower back carries a lot of stress and strain from your arms, head, and shoulders. Your hips are also directly linked to your lower back.
Every time you lift something or use your arms, you’re adding stress to your lower back. The 30 discs in your spine are responsible for absorbing shock. They take quite a beating to protect your spinal cord.
Common causes of lower back pain:
- Poor posture.
- Frequent inactivity or sitting
- Herniated discs
- Spinal stenosis
- Torn discs
As you can see, some of these causes are simple fixes that can be solved with lifestyle changes. The rest, however, are serious medical conditions. It’s important to see a doctor if you have chronic lower back pain to rule out herniated discs or possible chronic conditions. As always, talk to a medical professional before beginning any new exercise regimen.
Best Treatments for Lower Back Pain
If you’re dealing with a herniated or torn disc, medical treatments like surgery may be your only options. Exercise can do more harm than good if you have certain medical conditions.
In most other cases, you can reverse chronic back pain for good by utilizing the best treatments for lower back pain without surgery.
Lower back pain home treatment options
It’s always important to take a comprehensive approach to any health problem. Even when you’re experiencing localized pain in one small part of your body, you need to treat the entire body.
This includes mental health as well because conditions like depression and anxiety go hand-in-hand with chronic physical pain.
Lower back pain home treatment options to consider:
- Keep a regular sleep schedule. Sleep conditions can cause chronic pain and chronic pain results in poor sleep quality.
- Meditation and brain training. Keep your brain fog-free and in top shape. It’s important to always challenge your brain to keep your memory and cognitive skills on point.
- Stress and mental health. Like sleep, pain and poor mental health go hand in hand. Cortisol from stress can wreak havoc on the entire body.
- Hot and cold therapy. Cold reduces inflammation while hot increases blood flow. Test out different temperatures to see what works for you.
- Essential oils. For temporary relief, try oils with analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties, like eucalyptus, pine, cypress, peppermint, and wintergreen.
Physiotherapy treatments for lower back pain
To address lower back pain, you need to focus on your posture and how you carry your weight. In order to do that, you need to activate certain muscles while relaxing others.
Everyone is unique so you’ll need to develop personalized physiotherapy treatments for your lower back pain. This could include a variety of techniques such as:
- Stretching the hamstrings to take pressure off your hip flexors and lower back.
- Engaging your core muscles through exercise. Take about 20 or 30 minutes each day to activate your core with crunches, leg lifts, side planks, and other abdominal exercises that also target lower back muscles.
- Don’t sit for too long. If you work a desk job, try modifying your workspace to accommodate a standing position – even for a few hours each day.
- Start out with slow and gentle movements. Focus on opening up your hips and improving your posture.
Shop Natural Herbs and Supplements in the Raydian Herbs Online Store
All supplements in the Raydian Herbs online store are designed to enhance lives. We believe nature gives us plenty of solutions for many common health issues. Shop Raydian Herbs natural herbs and supplements today.Tags: best treatments for lower back pain, lower back pain home treatment, physiotherapy treatments for lower back pain