Feeling tired and cold all the time?
It may be a thyroid condition.
Did you know it’s responsible for monitoring a variety of tasks you probably take for granted like breathing, heart rate, and metabolism?
Thyroid conditions are remarkably common and they impact nearly every aspect of your life.
Fortunately, nature provides many solutions for keeping your thyroid balanced and reducing uncomfortable symptoms without medication.
Symptoms and Conventional Thyroid Treatment Options
Thyroid treatment usually requires life-long maintenance through medication.
When you have a thyroid problem, this indicates your thyroid is either producing too much or not enough of its essential hormone.
Symptoms of hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid)
- Hair loss, dry skin, and brittle nails
- Feeling tired all the time
- Always feeling cold
- Digestive problems like constipation
- Slow heart rate
- Heavy and irregular menstrual cycles
- Weight gain
Symptoms of hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid)
- Excess sweating
- Always feeling hot
- Digestive problems like diarrhea
- Light and irregular menstrual cycles
- Fast or irregular heart rate
- Panic attacks
- Puffy eyes
If you’re experiencing symptoms relevant to a thyroid condition, your doctor will run blood tests to determine your diagnosis.
Traditional treatments depend on your specific condition.
For hyperthyroidism (overactive), this could include:
- Radioactive iodine treatments
- Medication to reduce thyroid production
- Various surgeries
For hypothyroidism (underactive) treatment may include:
- Synthetic hormone replacement
It’s nearly impossible to “boost” thyroid production once it slows down, so conventional treatments for hypothyroidism usually focus on drugs that mimic the essential hormone.
Your Guide to Natural Thyroid Treatment
Plenty of natural thyroid treatment options can be very beneficial for reducing thyroid production if you face an overactive thyroid.
They can also help relieve symptoms from both an overactive and underactive thyroid.
However, it is just about impossible to force the thyroid to produce more hormones – even through conventional medication.
On the other hand, some natural thyroid supplements promote a healthy environment to support – and improve – its ability to function.
Natural Hypothyroid Treatments
Your diet has a direct impact on your thyroid’s ability to function properly.
Folks looking for natural hypothyroid treatments will want to avoid foods that limit the thyroid’s capacity and consume foods that create a healthy environment for the endocrine system.
Natural hypothyroid treatments should include a diet that would avoid:
- Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cabbage, kale, soy, and brussels sprouts which contain properties that impair thyroid function
- Dairy which contributes to inflammation
- Refined sugars and flours which slow the metabolism
- Caffeine and alcohol
You’ll want to consume foods that contain high levels of naturally occurring iodine and reduce inflammation throughout the entire body.
- Seaweed like kelp and nori which contains iodine
- Salmon and other fish with high levels of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids
- Yogurt, kimchi, sour kraut, and kefir for probiotics
- Flax, hemp, and chia seeds with omega-3 fatty acids to support proper hormone balance
- Lots of fiber from beans and greens
- Bone broth and other digestive-friendly foods
8 Natural Thyroid Supplements
Sometimes, you just can’t get enough vital nutrients through diet alone – you need a little help from natural thyroid supplements.
- Ashwagandha: an adaptogen which helps lower cortisol levels and makes the body more resilient to stress.
- L-tyrosine: an amino acid which helps the body properly utilize your available thyroid hormones.
- Probiotics: assists and heals the digestive system so your body can properly absorb and use nutrients through food sources.
- Thiamine and other B vitamins: to combat mental symptoms like sleep disturbances, poor cognitive function, irritability, anxiousness, and memory loss.
- Iodine: to assist thyroid production. (Be very careful not to exceed your recommended daily dosage.)
- Selenium: a vital nutrient that helps reduce symptoms of thyroid disorders.
- Tyrosine: an amino acid that supports thyroid function.
- Vitamin D: a deficiency can severely reduce thyroid production. Most people are vitamin D deficient during the winter months and it’s nearly impossible to get enough through diet.
It’s important to talk to your doctor before beginning any new supplement routine. Many natural thyroid supplements are very powerful and they often interact with other medications.
Raydian Herbs: Naturally Derived Solutions
All of our products at Raydian Herbs are designed by a physician and pharmacist with the goal of enhancing lives. Our Calm Focus contains a combination of ashwagandha, rhodiola, and lemon balm to help with cognitive performance* and decrease fatigue*. You can shop Calm Focus now on Amazon Prime!Tags: natural hypothyroid treatments, natural thyroid supplements, natural thyroid treatment