Sure, everything is moving too fast and you have a lot on your plate, but if you are always feeling unusually tired, are crankier and can’t concentrate, you may be suffering from adrenal fatigue.
Adrenal glands play a major role in monitoring the fight or flight response. When you’re in a crisis, healthy adrenal glands react by producing adrenaline, which helps you become more focused and alert. Simultaneously, it releases cortisol which helps convert protein into energy, to facilitate your movements.
When your body is calm, both cortisol and adrenaline levels return to normal. However, if you are repeatedly stressed, or if the stress is prolonged, then the ability of adrenal gland to cope may falter. If the latter happens, then you may start to experience some signs of adrenal fatigue, which includes feeling tired all the time, getting lightheaded with position change (like standing up), feeling anxious, moody or irritable, just to mention a few.
While the symptoms of adrenal fatigue can be alarming, there’s no need to panic about it. There are proven remedies that can help you restore your natural balance. In this article, we discuss some of the natural ways to overcome the adrenal fatigue.
Herbal support for adrenal fatigue
There are wide-ranging supplements and herbs for adrenal fatigue to help you moderate the symptoms. Examples include Licorice, holy basil, Rhodiola, and Ashwagandha. These herbs have been studied and are known to minimize the stress level, which is the leading cause of adrenal fatigue. Other herbs that can help with the condition include the adrenal tonic Glycyrrhiza glabra and various ginsengs.
Diet plays a significant role in the regulation of hormone production. If you’re suffering from adrenal fatigue, you should incorporate foods that support the adrenal glands. For instance, you can get healthy fats from nuts, olive oil, coconut oil, avocado, and fish. Fruits like blueberries, cranberries, and cherries which have high antioxidants levels are a excellent choice. Other healthy sources include veggies like kale, cabbage, broccoli and starchy vegetables like squash and carrots.
While exercise is an incredible way to get your body back in shape and relieve stress, it can be taxing for your adrenal glands. It’s therefore advisable to start with activities that don’t take up so much energy, like swimming, yoga, jogging. Then as time progresses, you can increase the intensity. Be sure to stay within your comfort to prevent exhaustion.
Tips for stress management
- Daily intake of nutrient-rich and unprocessed meals
- Early diagnosis of warning signs like mood changes, tension or headaches
- Support the immune and adrenal system with the quality adrenal formulation
- Regular exercise and maintaining a healthy body weight
- Use supplementation and food to address any nutrient deficiencies
- Come up with routines for daily work
- Have enough sleep every night – for at least seven hours
- Keep hydrated by drinking clean water throughout the day
- Avoid self-talks, instead, find supportive and caring people around you
- Practice calming and relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation, reading, music, progressive muscle relaxation, dancing, etc.
- Minimize the intake of stimulants like refined sugar, drugs, alcohol, caffeine, and tobacco
Take herbs for adrenal fatigue
Shop natural herbs and adaptogen supplements in our online store
All of our products at Raydian Herbs are designed by a physician and pharmacist with the goal of enhancing lives. Our Calm Focus contains a combination of ashwagandha, rhodiola, and lemon balm to help with cognitive performance* and decrease fatigue*. You can shop Calm Focus now on Amazon Prime!Tags: adrenal fatigue diet, adrenal fatigue supplements, adrenal fatigue syndrome