Losing weight is never easy.
Anyone who says otherwise is probably either lying or trying to sell you a scam.
The truth is, losing weight is difficult for just about everyone.
Keeping the weight off? That’s even harder.
For one thing, the standard American diet revolves around high fat, high sugar, and high salt foods. We choose foods based on convenience and taste instead of nutrition.
Plus, lots of activities focus on eating – especially around the holidays. Then there’s stress eating when we feel emotional.
Kicking that chronic appetite is probably one of the most challenging aspects of weight loss.
Factors that Affect Appetite
Many people avoid making changes to their diet because they don’t want to experience chronic hunger. As a result, lots of folks trying to lose weight resort to severe calorie restriction.
These types of diet put the body into survival mode and don’t do much to actually aid weight loss. In fact, they cause the body to hold on to fat and could contribute to constant hunger.
A few other factors affect appetite:
- Blood sugar levels: When blood sugar levels spike and then rapidly drop, you’ll feel instant and intense hunger.
- Leptin production: This is a hormone produced by fat cells and responsible for appetite. Chronic overeating can cause the body to stop producing leptin which leads to frequent hunger.
- Physical activity: Exercise can help burn excess calories and promote a healthy appetite.
- Social media: Scrolling through Instagram looking at fabulous dinners is going to leave you hungry all the time.
- Cold weather: Subfreezing temperatures tell your body to store extra fat. This means that you crave food more often.
Tips for Reducing Chronic Appetite
Even the best appetite suppressant can only get you so far if you don’t make certain lifestyle changes. Environmental factors play a huge role in regulating your appetite for food.
Food intake revolves around certain rituals: you get used to eating at specific times under certain circumstances.
Making these types of changes requires taking a hard look at your daily routine and thought patterns to identify what triggers your increased appetite.
Use these tips to reduce your appetite by making small lifestyle changes:
- Don’t browse food magazines or social media accounts.
- Set rules for yourself if you’ll be at an event with lots of sweets and salty snacks.
- Eat slowly and embrace the experience. Practice mindful eating.
- Stop eating before you feel full.
- Drink a glass of water or tea and wait one hour before eating. Drink another glass of water before eating a snack or meal.
- Eat a healthy breakfast to avoid binge eating later.
- Are you really hungry? Imagine your favorite healthy food such as an apple with nut butter or popcorn. If a healthy snack you typically enjoy doesn’t sound appetizing, you might not truly be hungry.
- Buy food-to-prepare meals instead of packaged snacks. If you aren’t willing to cook a dish, you probably aren’t hungry. Don’t buy foods that are easy to grab and eat mindlessly as you watch TV.
Natural Appetite Suppressants
Okay, so you’re ready to make (or have already made) healthy lifestyle changes to address your chronic appetite.
Now, you need a boost.
Even if you’re willing to change your diet and eating habits, getting over that first hump can be hard.
Keep in mind: you can train your appetite.
Once you start making healthy changes, you won’t be hungry all the time.
The key is to eat the right kinds of food, and a few natural appetite suppressants can’t hurt either.
Foods that keep your appetite at-bay include high fiber, complex carbohydrates, complete proteins, and vital nutrients.
- Brown rice
- Lean beef
- Low sugar granola
In addition to a healthy diet, take advantage of these natural appetite suppressants.
What’s the best appetite suppressant?
You’ll have to try them out and decide which works best for your personal situation. Everyone’s diet needs are unique.
Examples of natural appetite suppressants include:
- Grapefruit essential oil
- Green tea extract
- Green coffee bean
- Saffron extract
- Apple cider vinegar
- Amino acids
- Omega-3 fatty acids
As always, talk to a doctor before beginning any new supplement or starting a diet. Certain conditions and medications can cause dangerous interactions. It’s important to discuss your health with a qualified professional.
Shop Raydian Herbs Natural Supplements
At Raydian Herbs, we take a comprehensive approach to wellness. We believe good health starts with what we put into our bodies.
Everything in our natural store is designed by both a pharmacist and physician. We want our products to enhance lives by utilizing natural solutions.
Shop natural herbs and adaptogen supplements in our online store
All of our products at Raydian Herbs are designed by a physician and pharmacist with the goal of enhancing lives. Our Calm Focus contains a combination of ashwagandha, rhodiola, and lemon balm to help with cognitive performance* and decrease fatigue*. You can shop Calm Focus now on Amazon Prime!Tags: appetite suppressants, best appetite suppressant