Did you know over 86% of U.S. adults don’t consume their recommended daily amount of vegetables?
That’s right, the majority of Americans aren’t getting enough vegetables in their diet.
The standard American diet consists of meat, dairy, carbohydrates, and lots of processed foods.
That doesn’t leave much room for fruits and veggies.
Unfortunately, the standard American diet also contains high levels of saturated fats, cholesterol, sugar, and salt. Add a lack of physical activity to the mix, and this is a recipe for disaster (no pun intended) leading to high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, and obesity.
This isn’t necessarily anyone’s fault. Fresh fruits and veggies are inaccessible to a lot of people and generally require extra time to prepare meals. Most people don’t want to snack on a stick of raw celery or broccoli.
If you hate vegetables or have a hard time working them into your diet, juicing recipes are a great way to get the vital nutrients and minerals your body needs.
The reason juicing is so amazing for your body is because it allows you to consume large amounts of fruits and vegetables in small servings.
The USDA recommends healthy adults consume two cups of fruit and two and a half cups of vegetables each day.
As you can see, it’s pretty difficult to meet that two and a half cups of veggies each day – you’d have to incorporate fresh greens into just about every meal. That simply isn’t possible for a lot of people since they usually choose foods based on taste and convenience.
Who on Earth has time to cook a healthy breakfast each morning?
Juicing isn’t a miracle solution or cure-all, but when you consider that most people aren’t eating fresh produce to begin with, juicing benefits can be pretty astonishing.
Juicing is a fast and easy way to consume the right amounts of fruits and veggies. Here are just a few of the amazing juicing benefits:
- Clearer skin
- Lower cholesterol
- Lower blood sugar
- Improved physical performance
- Improved mental health
- Liver and kidney detoxification
- Fend off cancer, aging, and free radical damage
- Balanced immune system
By consuming more fruits and veggies, your body will receive more vital nutrients it needs such as:
- B vitamins
- Vitamins A, C, and K
To reap the full juicing benefits, it’s important to change your other diet and activity habits as well. Follow these juicing tips to get the most out of your morning glass:
- Select low sugar fruits such as blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, kiwi, watermelon, lemons, limes, and grapefruit.
- Choose nutrient-packed veggies like kale, spinach, alfalfa sprouts, beets, swiss chard, and collard greens.
- Keep the pulp. Most juicers remove the pulp for you. Unfortunately, this also means a severe lack of fiber in your juice. Try to find a juicer that doesn’t remove the pulp, or save your pulp for quick breads.
- Change your diet. Reduce your meat and dairy intake the rest of the day. Try to avoid processed foods and high-sugar simple carbs as much as possible.
- Get active. Try your best to get at least 30 minutes of physical activity each day – even low impact walks are better than nothing.
- Keep it fresh. Store-bought juice is pasteurized to inhibit bacteria growth. Don’t juice an entire week’s supply on Sunday night. Fresh juice goes bad quickly and you could get very sick.
5 Delicious and Nutritious Weight Loss Juicing Recipes
When weight loss juicing, make sure you aren’t selecting high-sugar fruits. You want to fill your juicing recipes with as much nutrients as possible without spiking your blood sugar. Here are some good options:
1. Green Monster
This weight loss juicing recipe has a nice tart flavor and all the greens you need.
- 1 pear
- 1 lemon
- 4 celery stalks
- 1 cucumber
- 1 handful spinach
- 3 lettuce leaves
2. Fat Zapper
This combo is backed with healthy enzymes and fat-fighting vitamins.
- 3 green apples
- 4 kale leaves
- 1 cucumber
- ½ lemon
- ½ inch ginger root
3. Red Machine
These ingredients help cleanse the liver and metabolize fat.
- 1 beet
- 2 leaves red cabbage
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 3 medium carrots
- ½ lemon
- 1 orange
- ¼ pineapple
4. Fall Detox
The ingredients in this recipe help cleanse the liver and reduce fluid retention.
- 1 beet
- 5 medium carrots
- 1 sweet potato
5. Craving Fighter
This weight loss juicing recipe stabilizes blood sugar levels and helps curb your appetite.
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 1 stalk celery
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
Shop natural herbs and adaptogen supplements in our online store
All of our products at Raydian Herbs are designed by a physician and pharmacist with the goal of enhancing lives. Our Calm Focus contains a combination of ashwagandha, rhodiola, and lemon balm to help with cognitive performance* and decrease fatigue*. You can shop Calm Focus now on Amazon Prime!Tags: juicing benefits, juicing recipes, weight loss juicing