Society places a lot of demands on the public: tight schedules, work deadlines, family obligations, bills, etc.
Chronic stress is almost inevitable – it’s no wonder so many people feel tired all the time.
The truth is: chronic fatigue syndrome goes far beyond just feeling tired.
Fortunately, there are plenty of natural treatments for chronic fatigue to help you get back on your feet and restore a sense of balance.
What Is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?
Well, it’s complicated.
When you think of “fatigue,” imagine whole-body fatigue – physical, emotional, mental – not just sleepiness.
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is characterized by an overall sense of tiredness that doesn’t improve no matter how much you sleep or rest. This disorder is tough to diagnose because many of the symptoms overlap with those of depression.
- Fatigue or lethargy
- Inability to focus or concentrate
- Mild memory loss or forgetfulness
- Medical conditions like anemia or diabetes
- Cardiovascular disorders
- Muscle and joint pain
- Sleep disorders
- Mental health conditions like depression or bipolar disorder
- Migraines or headaches
- Sleep doesn’t feel refreshing
- Extreme exhaustion after physical or mental activity that lasts longer than one day
- Swollen lymph nodes – usually behind the ears, on the neck, or under the armpits
- A sore throat
Wow, that’s a lot of symptoms and they’re all very diverse.
As you can see, it’s easy for a doctor to diagnose lethargy and a sore throat as separate conditions. That’s what makes CFS so difficult to identify.
There isn’t any specific test to diagnose the condition. Instead, doctors will usually rule out other conditions first before arriving at a CFS diagnosis.
Doctors aren’t sure what causes CFS. Viral infections, immune disorders, or simply an inability to manage stress can all trigger this debilitating condition.
Conventional Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Treatment Options
There isn’t any treatment or cure for chronic fatigue. Instead, treatments usually target the various symptoms.
Everyone experiences CFS differently.
You’ll need to work directly with your doctor to develop a personalized treatment plan based on your unique symptoms.
Doctors may offer different methods for treating your physical symptoms such as heart conditions, anemia, muscle pain, and sore throat. By treating those conditions, you may experience a relief in CFS symptoms.
Treatment for the fatigue itself is also important. Since the mental and emotional CFS symptoms are closely related to depression, your doctor may prescribe antidepressants.
Natural Treatments for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
For many people without insurance, antidepressants may be totally out of the question.
Fortunately, many doctors will likely recommend various types of therapy and counseling to help you better adapt to physical and mental stress. These options will train you to cope with stress so you experience reduced CFS symptoms.
- Cognitive behavioral training to understand your mind, improve your mental disposition, and build a healthy stress response.
- Graded exercise such as stretching and physical therapy to gradually reduce your hypersensitivity to physical activity.
Diet and Supplements for Fighting Fatigue and Improving Energy
Diet and supplements aren’t a cure-all for any illness or condition – especially chronic fatigue syndrome.
However, food is fuel for the body and brain. You get out what you put in.
Are you giving your body premium or basic unleaded?
The standard American diet often lacks most of the essential vitamins on this list. Without them, your brain and body can’t function properly.
The herbs here are known as adaptogens: they help ward off illness and make the body more resilient when it comes to physical and mental stress.
- B vitamin complex for brain fog, concentration, memory, and mental health
- Vitamin D for feeling down and positive mental health
- Vitamin C as an antioxidant for fighting oxidative stress
- Magnesium to help the body support other vitamins and minerals
- Zinc for mood, memory, and concentration
- Ashwagandha for helping the brain and body adapt to physical and mental stress
- Rhodiola for improving energy, reducing fatigue, and calming anxiousness
Always talk to your doctor before beginning any new diet or supplement routine. Many natural supplements and vitamins can interact with other medications or conditions.
Raydian Herb’s Calm Focus Blend Helps Fight Fatigue
All of our products at Raydian Herbs are designed by a physician and pharmacist with the goal of enhancing lives. Our Calm Focus contains a combination of ashwagandha, rhodiola, and lemon balm to help with cognitive performance* and decrease fatigue*. You can shop Calm Focus now on Amazon Prime!Tags: chronic fatigue syndrome, chronic fatigue syndrome treatment, natural treatments for chronic fatigue syndrome